Data Platform (Cloud) Technical/Development Lead
- Ref: 1014
- Location: Remote and Brussels
- Type: Contract
- Salary: 0
- Start Date: 10/05/2021
We have a great long-term contract opportunity (could run for 18 months+) for a Technical/Development Lead on the Azure platform. The role is starting as soon as possible and will be remote working until safe to travel to Brussels. Thereafter 3 days a week would be required onsite with 2 days remote. Please find the specifics below.
– Experience working with Cloud solutions (Azure, GCP or AWS).
– Proficient working knowledge on design and implementation of Data Platforms/Datawarehousing solutions based on Microsoft SQL server, Azure Datawarehouse, or Azure Synapse (one of the three, at least).
– Solid track record implementing and operating relational (traditional) Datawarehouse platforms on technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Azure DW/Synapse, Teradata…
– Clearly demonstrate expertise on structured data management.
– Clearly demonstrate expertise on design of reporting data models. Proficiency in multidimensional/Kimball data modelling is a must.
– Proficiency in tunning and optimizing PowerBI solutions’ performance.
– Clearly demonstrate expertise on ETL/ELT processes design
– Experience in fine-tuning queries and data transformation processes
– Azure Data Lake or AWS/GCP equivalent.
– Azure Data Factory or AWS/GCP equivalent.
– Microsoft SQL Server or Azure DW or Azure Synapse.
– Databricks or equivalent.
– Experience with Master (or Reference) Data Management practices and design of interfaces such as APIs.
– Multidimensional modelling.
– ERD diagramming for conceptual and logical solution designs.
– Advanced level of T-SQL language.
– ITIL working experience (change, release, incident, problem management and service request)
As a Technical Lead on the Azure Data & Analytics CoE, you will:
– Act as a technical SME for Business Intelligence and Datawarehousing design and implementation principles.
– Design the platform foundations together with the other Design Authority architects and tech experts on other areas.
– Write down, together with other Design Authority members, the platform enablers specifications for Scrum Teams to implement.
– Design the evolving cloud platform blueprint and its tech roadmap related to reporting and BI capabilities.
– Technically lead the design and implementation strategy of the platform, especially around BI, Datawarehousing, Datamarts, and reporting implementations.
– Review the Feature High Level Solution Design and System designs.
– Define the Solution Intent and development principles and standards for Scrum Teams.
Detailed responsibilities and accountabilities include:
– Designs and consolidates data management practices jointly with solution architects: Literacy, Data Modelling, Democracy, Ingestion, Metadata management, Quality, Protection, etc.
– Enforces that his assigned D&A features are delivered following defined guidelines, standards, and policies.
– Defines the necessary platform enablers for the platform roadmap as per business objectives.
– Reviews and documents any deviations from the data management guidelines.
– Gathering, building, and documenting both a technical and functional knowledge and understanding of the platform’s data and processes.
– Drive the technical architecture and data modelling strategy, ensuring a consistent implementation across all value streams.
– Makes sure that data management practices are followed by solution architects and the development teams.
Define a data management acceptance criteria.
Review data management for feature and user stories (as part of definition of ready).
Attends review sessions and assess data management acceptance criteria.
Contribute to the Program sessions to align tech roadmap to business roadmap with the Product Manager.
– Accountable for an updated data dictionary, data catalog, data lineage and ERD diagrams.
– Accountable for technical capacity and availability planning of the platform: Computing capacity, storage growth, data retention, platform uptime, etc.
– Ensure operations team is Fine-tuning/Monitoring (performance, operation, usage, cost) of components such as; Azure SQL Server Databases, Azure Server Analysis Servers, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks Clusters, MS Power BI
Duration – 6mths plus ext